Thursday, March 6, 2014

Obstacles

A conflict I have recently - and unfortunately - experienced in my life is being insulted due to my sexuality. I don't find this to be something I come by often at all, but when such a conflict occurs I go about it in the most sophisticated way possible. The cause of these insults (or acts) is typically ignorance; it's simply the best solution to be the bigger person. This takes a lot of self discipline, which I have grown to use as a skill more and more every day. "Coming out" and being insulted due to my sexuality hasn't changed me so much as it has opened my eyes to the world. I have become more sympathetic towards others as days go by, which is a trait I cherish very much. I've also learnt that it's important to take criticism and use it to make you stronger.

2 comments:

  1. Sophie, I admire how open you are about you life. You speak with eloquence and maturity. As you continue on your journey and learn to be more disciplined, I also challenge you to be as accepting of other's viewpoints as a kind few have been to you. I hope you continue to grow, and look forward to reading more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Clay, Sophie. I bet many people look up to you for this very reason; not caring what others think and just being your own person... I mean isn't that what life is about? All of your friends including me love you no different, it's your personality and how you are towards others that count. I'm sure it was hard to listen to insults, but clearly those people are insecure about themselves, and you showed security being able to be open about your sexuality! You are such a strong person, keep on going Sophie!

    ReplyDelete