Thursday, March 6, 2014

The Book Of Negroes

Upon finishing The Book of Negroes, I can't help but feel disappointment that the story is over. The amazing journey of Aminata has captivated me the last couple of months, and I am already experiencing withdrawal from this amazing novel! This book has been one of very few that I have read in my life and connected with. This story will certainly stay with me. I look forward to exploring more of Hill's work.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with your feelings towards the ending of the the novel. Although I'm not an avid reader, I would definitely say this novel was very impactful on me as a person. Some of the chapters I did find a bit repetitive, but I think it may have been Hill's way to get his point across over the hardships Aminata faced and endured. The ending of the novel, "They can wake me with the news, when they come home" (Hill 526). Still has me a bit curious as to whether Aminata is on the verge of passing away, or if she's purely resting awaiting the news. I guess it was part of Hills writing style to keep his readers thinking. What do you think about Hill's closing sentence?

    ReplyDelete